Friday 18 September 2009

And that's a wrap... NYC

By Katie Wright

Two-Day Top Ten As New York draws to a close, here’s a run down of my top ten looks from the past couple of days:

Proenza Schouler. The metallic sheen and jewel tones of this collection full of mini-length hems brought to mind beetles and bugs for me.


Marchesa. Origami pleats and folds were centre stage at the label that might as well be the official sponsor of red carpets everywhere.
Marc by Marc Jacobs. The mood was a lot more playful at Mr. Jacobs’ diffusion line – and he’s still obsessed with the 80s it seems.

Narciso Rodriguez. I wonder if this grey floor-lengther is sold with a giant fan on wheels, for constant billowing effect wherever you go.
Doo.ri. Who says goth-chic is only for winter?

Temperley London. The emphasis was really on the London here. Do Americans know what a pearly queen is? Now they do. And they’ll be dressing like one come spring.


3.1 Philip Lim. You can’t beat a shiny red flasher mac in my book.


Rodarte. I usually adore everything the Mulleavy sisters do, but for next season they’ve gone seriously dark – think primeval warrior woman – and I found myself wishing for a bit more of the prettiness they’re famed for.

Michael Kors. Kors seemed to be gazing into space with star prints and futuristic shapes.


Vera Wang. It was all about accessories here – I’d take the shoes and gigantic necklace over the outfit any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment