Monday 14 September 2009

NYC - Fashion Week day 4

By Katie Wright

From the get-go all was not as it seemed at Alexander Wang. The first exit was a trench coat that seemed to have been stretched and spliced to leave it drop-waisted and sleeveless. Other schizophrenic garments included a skirt masquerading as a shirt tied round the model’s waist, and an unusual sweatshirt/corset combo. There was plenty more in the sweatshirt vein as a sport influence was shown in huge American football player shoulders, letterman jackets, and gym kit ensembles.

Over at Ohne Titel, inspiration was apparently drawn from Egyptian wall paintings. Not sure how this translated into full body ankle to jawline cover-ups – mummy wraps maybe? – but I liked the swishy little flapper dresses.

And finally a special shout out to my fave dress of the day, by Shipley and Halmos. Perhaps I’m biased though – I’m wearing a Shipley and Halmos for Uniqlo dress as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment