Saturday 26 September 2009

London Fashion Week - Homecoming Kings

By Katie Wright

The first of the return of the natives – Brits coming back to show in London after seasons abroad – was Antonio Beradi. (Yeah, I know, I thought he was Italian too.) As sleek and sophisticated as the marble floor upon which the girls catwalked, this was power dressing for the noughties: strong lines and sculptured silhouettes that were still potently feminine.

Following later in the week, how did Christopher Bailey mark his homecoming? He took the Burberry blueprint and twisted, knotted and layered it on a heavenly assortment of supershort trenches and cocktail dresses in muted tones of camel, mustard, mint and taupe, then crowned it with a couple of sparkly tinselly cocoon jackets.


And as they returned, so I am leaving. Only for a vacation mind. I'm heading to the Big Apple (too late for fashion week, I know :( ) so I've lined up some more of the best of LFW for the next week.
Coming soon: Find out if Italians really do it better at Milan Fashion Week. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment